Ryder System Sr. Manager Technical Services and Operations - ServiceNow - Remote in Topeka, Kansas
If you are a current employee at Ryder (not a Contractor or temporary employee through a staffing agency), please click here (http://wd5.myworkday.com/ryder/d/task/1422$3.htmld) to log in to Workday to apply using the internal application process.
You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
*Remote - Work from home*
The Sr. Manager Technical Service and Operations provides leadership, technical expertise, and oversight to a team of ITOM developers, analysts and operations engineers to ensure timely execution of team and project results. This position works closely with various partners to provide guidance in the management of CIs and the relationships between them. In addition, this role provides leadership to ServiceNow CMDB and Discovery functions in the areas of design, development, documentation, testing, and modification of existing and new ITOM & CMDB capabilities, discovery, patterns and sensors, championing standard techniques, procedures, and criteria. Participate in architecture design, performance monitoring, module evaluation, and buy versus build decisions. Supervise and communicate development project status, dependencies, and risks and mitigation strategies to the project team, business stakeholders and leadership. Provides technical expertise to the business.
Demonstrate thought leadership for growing people, improving process, and implementing technology industry best practices in a hybrid environment.
Critical functions include operational and technical roadmaps, defining metrics and reporting, and financial management of personnel, modules, and services.
The selected candidate will be able to communicate effectively (written/verbal), possess strong interpersonal skills, be self-motivated, and be innovative in a fast-paced environment.
It is expected that this position has strong expertise in multiple IT Operations disciplines and can collaborate and influence staff, peers and Sr. Leadership within IT to construct high quality, scalable, and efficient Enterprise Solutions. Passion and experience building teams and transforming ITSM operations is critical to be successful in this role.
Lead the ITSM technical team: ITSM ServiceNow (System Upgrades, /Production Changes), IT Service Catalogs (Intelligent Forms), ServiceNow CHATBOT, IT Service Dashboards
Technical Architecture and implementation of Change and Release management process via ServiceNow
Effectively interact with Senior Management to understand the strategic initiatives and communicate the relevance and importance of a strong ITSM foundation required to ensure success.
Partner with business and IT teams to create ITSM concepts, is process oriented with experience in establishing standards, processes, methodologies for IT Service Management across the enterprise.
Accelerate adoption of and promote adherence to guidelines/standards by engaging, teaching, training, and mentoring peers, and associates.
Excellent presentation skills with the ability to communicate and persuade management at all levels.
Facility performance reviews, identifying training and development requirements and plans. Constantly evaluate the skills and effectiveness of the current team that results in a high performing ITSM team.
Drive continuous improvement in partnership with Application development teams/Business stakeholders to address ITSM process challenges.
Responsible for the financial knowledge and discipline to manage departmental budget including, but not limited to, billable/non-billable hours, licensing, asset lifecycle, maintenance, and overall cost management.
• Develop and configure Discovery Patterns, Schedules, application fields, form design, business rules, client scripts, user roles and groups, access controls, and more on the various system applications.
• Work with process owners to understand the process requirements related to the bring together of configuration data and develop technical specifications and solutions.
• Work closely with various partners to provide guidance in the management of CI's and the relationships between them
• Participate in Configuration Management meetings, provide updates on progress and governance of CMDB and Discovery process to Senior Technology Leaders
• Perform day to day administration of the ServiceNow Service Mapping tool, including mapping additional defined business services into the tool.
• Review the data being populated into the CMDB and act as co-owner of the CMDB.
• Develop and maintain an organization of quality people through effective hiring, coaching, and performance management processes.
• Champion and ensure alignment to development strategy, standards, policies, tools, and procedures during all phases of the development life cycle.
• Partner with the technology teams to gather requirements and fully understand project goals, and then use this information to effectively plan and lead the development process
• Write and/or revise system design documentation and operations documentation to include providing required input into operation support manuals and user guides
• Ensure all code is effectively unit tested prior to being released to the quality assurance team. Resolve all unit test issues in a timely manner.
• Respond to all inquiries and issues in a timely manner as the developed code/program moves through the testing process and into production. Approve code to be put into production.
• Resolve corrective action and improvements to prevent recurrence. Provide implementation/production support, as required
• Responsible for the development training plans, training materials for Change/Release Management.
• Develop, enhance, operate, and assist in migrations and maintenance of Change/Release Management processes, and system/tools and other interfaces (ie Configuration, Problem, Release, Incident and Problem)
• Implements project execution methodologies with the team.
• Develop, measure, analyze Critical Success Factors (CSF) and Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
• Maintains currency in new ITSM developments and technology.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent - Information systems computer science or similar degree – Required
Vocational or Technical Certification - ServiceNow framework and process - Preferred
A minimum of 10 years’ experience in Information Technology with at least 5 years in a leadership role.
7 years or more experience in development experience on ServiceNow platform with expertise on ITOM for a large global enterprise.
3 years or more practical experience and shown success with the design and build of CMDB and ServiceNow Service Mapping.
4 years or more experience with ITIL Service Management Implementation
Skills and Abilities
Trust & Integrity - Upholding ethical and professional guidelines by being truthful, transparent, and fair regarding opinions and decisions as well as maintaining confidentiality.
Courage - Providing important feedback, input, or push back when confronting difficult issues, conversations, decisions, or facing opposition despite having fear or hesitation with the person or situation at hand.
Agility & Adaptability - Maintaining effectiveness, exploring positive opportunities, and smoothly adjusting when undergoing major changes in work responsibilities or environment (e.g., people, processes, structure, or culture).
Decision Making - Using one’s knowledge and understanding of Ryder, internal data, and trends, in order to improve individual productivity and company results.
Business and Financial Acumen - Using internal and external organizational knowledge, trends, and financial data to diagnose business strengths and weaknesses. Keeping a financial perspective at the forefront when making business decisions and managing the team.
Building Partnerships - Developing and leveraging collaborative relationships within and across the organization to achieve results.
Customer Focus - Finding opportunities to provide an exceptional experience for both internal and external customers by being customer centric and ensuring the customer’s perspective is a driving force behind strategic priorities, business decisions, processes, and individual activities.
Coaching - Providing feedback, instruction, and development guidance on targeted knowledge, skills, and abilities to help others maximize performance, excel in their current job, and/or prepare for future potential responsibilities and job opportunities.
Leading Teams - Guiding, motivating, and developing the team to achieve successful outcomes and maintain accountability for business objectives.
Driving Results - Setting high goals for personal and team accomplishments, monitoring progress, and working to meet or exceed goals.
Driving Innovation - Creating an environment and culture that inspires and encourages others to generate new ideas and creative solutions with measurable improvement and increased value for customers (internal or external).
Facilitating Change - Encouraging and empowering others to imagine better approaches, create solutions, embrace change and facilitate change to achieve business outcomes.
Establishing user journeys and creating the user stories to support the design and configuration of the Employee Service Portal, Knowledge Management, and Case Management capabilities
Strong background in IT Security, specifically IT Risk, Vulnerability Management and system best practices
Proven track record in the management of a technical support group and in technical Project Management
Forging strong relationships with both the clients and project teams that will contribute to your growth and development
Licenses and Certifications
ITIL Foundations, ServiceNow Administration and development experience with focus on one or more process areas like ITOM, HR and AppEngine – preferred
Applicants from California, Colorado, New Jersey, New York City, and Washington:
Salary is determined based on internal equity; internal salary ranges; market
data/ranges; applicant’s skills; prior relevant experience; certain degrees or
The salary for this position ranges from $ 100K – $130K. Salaries may be supplemented
with a bonus as applicable and/or as business conditions allow.
Ryder offers comprehensive health and welfare benefits, to include medical,
prescription, dental, vision, life insurance and disability insurance options, as well as
paid time off for vacation, illness, bereavement, family and parental leave, and a tax advantaged 401(k) retirement savings plan
Job Category: IT Leadership
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.