Ryder System Credit Analyst - REMOTE in Tallahassee, Florida
If you are a current employee at Ryder (not a Contractor or temporary employee through a staffing agency), please click here (http://wd5.myworkday.com/ryder/d/task/1422$3.htmld) to log in to Workday to apply using the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a position using the Career worklet, please review this quick reference guide (https://rydersystems.service-now.com/sys_attachment.do?sys_id=a39f83621bd99050632a4223cd4bcb91) .
You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
The Credit Analyst will perform a variety of functions required to provide financial worthiness and mitigate risk to Ryder's portfolio of customers.
· Partners with sales group to underwrite and decision all credit deals for adds, replacements and extensions across all product lines.
· Reviews credit reports, Ryder and company history, and does deep dive financial analysis, reviewing year to year trends as well as possible interim financial statement reviews.
· Use industry financial benchmark statistics in support of credit decisions regarding the investment and revenue of a deal as well as the customer exposure.
· Submits executive reviews to senior management and recommends appropriate structure to mitigate risk on high dollar or high risk customers
· Performs annual review on customer's financial statements to determine any deterioration of their financial condition and re-evaluate the desired exposure, determining the proper credit line as well as an action plan to reduce our exposure if needed.
· Communicates with collections, sales and operations groups regarding problem or high risk accounts to advise of potential loss
· Identifies industry risk by critiquing our write-offs by SIC code and payment trends of our customers
· Evaluate our customer portfolio mix by reviewing customer's credit score and stratification to possibly re-assess our credit scorecards.
Reviews Ryder's customer's financial condition in order to properly set credit lines for receivable exposure, reducing or recommending an increase in services as needed.
Coordinates Treasury and Finance on reviewing certain industries/customers such as automotive or supplier reviews.
· Is a value added contributor on continual improvement processes.
· Train other Jr. Analysts on Financial Analysis or other credit processes
· Assist with Ad hoc tasks required within the department
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
· Demonstrates advanced finance analytical skills and underwriting capabilities related to credit risk.
· Capable of multi-tasking, highly organized, with excellent time management skills
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups, customers, supervisors)
· Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
· Flexibility to operate and self-driven to excel in a fast-paced environment
· Detail oriented with excellent follow-up practices
Demonstrates advanced skill with all Microsoft tools to include networking (Teams)
Demonstrates ability to find creative solutions to complex issues.
· Bachelor's degree required in Business, Finance Accounting or 7 years equivalent Business work experience
· Three (3) years or more related work experience required
Job Category: Credit & Collections
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.