Ryder System Staff Accountant in Miami, Florida
If you are a current employee at Ryder (not a Contractor or temporary employee through a staffing agency), please click here (http://wd5.myworkday.com/ryder/d/task/1422$3.htmld) to log in to Workday to apply using the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a position using the Career worklet, please review this quick reference guide (https://rydersystems.service-now.com/sys_attachment.do?sys_id=a39f83621bd99050632a4223cd4bcb91) .
You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
The Staff Accountant will work with the Payroll Accounting Department and will support and be responsible for the month end reporting and closing, following Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). They will participate in special projects and work with their Manager to ensure compliance with accounting policies and procedures. They will also work with the internal auditing process as it relates to their specific areas of responsibility
• On a monthly basis, prepare all journal entries and month end reconciliations for US payroll accounts
• Prepare payroll related check requests (SCS/DTS union dues, UNUM, United Way, PAC)
• Compile information for internal and PwC audits
• Complex calculations, data analysis, system updates, and research to assist with inquiries and discrepancies
• Participates in special projects as needed including assisting in the implementation of new financial reporting software including report development, research and assisting with Workday account posting rules for posting of payroll transactions to the GL
• Communicate with departments and external agencies with respect to payroll accounting related concerns
• Partner with Payroll department to reconcile payroll taxes from payroll completion to invoicing and GL Posting
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Supports special projects as required
Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field.
Three (3) years or more experience in an Accounting related field within a large corporation
• Ability to analyze and interpret financial data
• Ability to present information and ideas clearly and understandably to others
• Proficient in English written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to break down and figure out problems logically
• Ability to quickly respond to changing assignments, work settings and priorities
• Effective interpersonal skills
• Ability to create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups, customers, supervisors)
• Ability to manage multiple assignments and tasks, set priorities, and adapt to changing conditions and work assignments
• Ability to easily calculate, compute, organize, understand and solve numerical and quantitative problems
• Ability to maintain confidential information
• Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
• Ability to simultaneously handle multiple priorities
• Demonstrates time management and priority setting skills
• Flexibility to operate and self-driven to excel in a fast-paced environment
• Detailed oriented with excellent follow-up practices
General knowledge of U.S. GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley Controls; intermediate level.
Payroll knowledge; intermediate level
Microsoft Office; advanced level.
Advanced Level of Excel; advanced level.
Workday HCM/FIN preferred
ADP’s Smart Compliance reporting tool a plus
Our people are passionate about what they do, the product they sell, and the customers they serve. If you're looking for an opportunity to be a part of a work family that values collaboration, innovation and dedication, we're the right company for you.
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Ryder operates behind the scenes, managing critical fleet, transportation and supply chain functions for over 50,000 customers, many of which make the products that consumers use every day. When you choose Ryder, you get access to industry-leading technology, one of North America’s largest fleet of trucks, an expansive infrastructure of maintenance facilities and warehouses, and some of the most talented people in the industry.