Ryder System Manager Application Development and Support - Remote in Madison, Wisconsin
If you are a current employee at Ryder (not a Contractor or temporary employee through a staffing agency), please click here (http://wd5.myworkday.com/ryder/d/task/1422$3.htmld) to log in to Workday to apply using the internal application process.
You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
The IT Application Development Manager is responsible for the leadership and management of technical resources who provide support to the Asset Management and Used Vehicle business lines through application support and development through the Scrum framework. This position oversees the Scrum teams responsible for the development and support of new and existing applications, ranging in technologies such as Appian, .NET, Xamarin amongst other technologies. Additionally, the Manager is accountable for managing customer expectations, ensuring process adherence, providing quick timely response to user requests for operational or technology improvements, and act as a user advocate to other internal/external IT teams. This position may be called on to provide a level of project management for single or multiple projects and/or perform a vendor management role with third party service providers.
• Partner with business leadership to drive innovation of capabilities by understanding business needs and evolving technologies and participate as integral member of IT Technology Delivery Management Team responsible for defining and implementing technology strategies, capital plans and roadmaps
• Provide technical leadership to team of developers to make appropriate technical decisions that will meet business needs and set team priorities based on tactical and strategic objectives, creating focus on main goals while eliminating roadblocks
• Define, implement and promote processes, best practices and standards for application development and deployment including service oriented architecture, reusable code, web usability, look & feel branding and security controls, following Agile Methodologies and Lean Six Sigma.
• Work closely with other departments within the IT organization to understand business demands and identify appropriate opportunities for solutions and continued innovation of technical capabilities aligning with business needs
• Manage budget according to plan by preparing yearly forecast, facilitating capitol request preparation and assessing future resource needs
• Manage all aspects of personnel tasks for team from prioritization of work, career development, and training needs
• Manage all aspects of application development and support. Accountable for application performance/stability, end-to-end transactional flows, root cause analysis and corrective actions for any outages
• Direct a team of developers with skillsets including but not limited to Microsoft Azure, .Net, SQL, Salesforce.com SFDC, Appian, SharePoint, AS400, Mainframe
• Interact with business users at all levels of management to understand business needs
• Perform other duties as assigned
Bachelor's degree or equivalent Required
7 years or more - Technical experience in progressive accomplishments in implementing technology enabled solutions to complex business problems
2 years or more – Demonstrated team leadership in a technical environment. Experience in leading IT teams involved in development, production support and maintenance of software systems
Skills and Abilities
Software Development and Delivery following Agile Methodologies
Applicants from California, Colorado, New Jersey, New York City, and Washington:
Salary is determined based on internal equity; internal salary ranges; market
data/ranges; applicant’s skills; prior relevant experience; certain degrees or
The salary for this position ranges from $ 115,000.00 to $ 125,000.00 Employees may also be eligible to receive an annual bonus, as applicable.
Job Category: Application Development, Delivery & Support
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.