Ryder System Sr. Manager Technology Services and Operations in Lansing, Michigan
If you are a current employee at Ryder (not a Contractor or temporary employee through a staffing agency), please click here (http://wd5.myworkday.com/ryder/d/task/1422$3.htmld) to log in to Workday to apply using the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a position using the Career worklet, please review this quick reference guide (https://rydersystems.service-now.com/sys_attachment.do?sys_id=a39f83621bd99050632a4223cd4bcb91) .
You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
The Sr. Manager Technical Services and Operations provides leadership and expertise associated with the definition, selection, implementation, and ongoing support for technologies leveraged by Ryder to deliver scalable, highly available computing environments. This IT Leader must have the leadership and technical experience to drive Operational Excellence through their team and across IT. Demonstrate thought leadership for growing people, improving process, and implementing technology industry best practices in a hybrid-cloud environment.
This position manages the VMware, Windows, Linux, and storage teams to provide independent oversight to IT Operations which include infrastructure design, engineering and support, as well as support overall IT security, disaster recovery, service and project delivery, in a hybrid-cloud environment. Critical functions include operational and technical roadmaps, defining metrics and reporting, and financial management of personnel, products, and services.
It is expected that this position has strong expertise in multiple IT Operations disciplines and can collaborate and influence staff, peers, and Sr. Leadership within IT to construct high quality, scalable, and efficient Enterprise Solutions. Passion and experience building teams and transforming operations is critical to the success of the role.
• Responsible for the strategy to improve the design, implementation, support and reporting of processes and technologies for compute and storage technologies.
• Responsible for the successful delivery of 24x7x365 IT services including service management (incident, problem, change, request), monitoring, backups, patching, capacity planning, optimization, asset management and reporting.
• Responsible for the operational tasks for business projects requiring I&O services. Support includes providing standards, process and technical direction to architects, SME’s and PM’s to ensure full integration into the Ryder SDLC process.
• Coaches and counsels employees on performance, sets expectations and manages outcomes of personal development, objectives and goals, recommends pay actions and responsible for other HR activities.
• Responsible for the financial knowledge and discipline to manage departmental budget including, but not limited to, billable/non-billable hours, licensing, asset lifecycle, maintenance, and overall cost management.
• Makes Information Security a foundational control for all technology and process definitions
• Works with the PMO to continually improve the SDLC process as it relates to IT Operations
• Manages projects crossing multiple IT teams and impacting various business units
• Develops partnerships with peers across IT and the business to learn their about their roles, their feedback and how to improve Ryder
• Implements project execution methodologies with team
• Maintains currency in new ITSM developments and technology
• Provides Audit and oversight for IT Operations functions
• Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent - Information systems computer science or similar degree
Master’s Degree or equivalent – Information systems, computer science, MBA, Finance or similar degree
Seven (10) years or more A minimum of 10 years experience in Information Technology with at least 7 years in a leadership role.
Seven (7) years or more Experience in providing IT Operations support for a large global enterprise.
Seven (5) years or more Experience in developing an IT Operations service oriented culture in a geographically and culturally diverse organization.
Skills and Abilities
Trust & Integrity - Upholding ethical and professional guidelines by being truthful, transparent, and fair regarding opinions and decisions as well as maintaining confidentiality.
Courage - Providing important feedback, input, or push back when confronting difficult issues, conversations, decisions, or facing opposition despite having fear or hesitation with the person or situation at hand.
Agility & Adaptability - Maintaining effectiveness, exploring positive opportunities, and smoothly adjusting when undergoing major changes in work responsibilities or environment (e.g., people, processes, structure, or culture).
Decision Making - Using one’s knowledge and understanding of Ryder, internal data, and trends, in order to improve individual productivity and company results.
Business and Financial Acumen - Using internal and external organizational knowledge, trends, and financial data to diagnose business strengths and weaknesses. Keeping a financial perspective at the forefront when making business decisions and managing the team.
Building Partnerships - Developing and leveraging collaborative relationships within and across the organization to achieve results.
Customer Focus - Finding opportunities to provide an exceptional experience for both internal and external customers by being customer centric and ensuring the customer’s perspective is a driving force behind strategic priorities, business decisions, processes, and individual activities.
Coaching - Providing feedback, instruction, and development guidance on targeted knowledge, skills, and abilities to help others maximize performance, excel in their current job, and/or prepare for future potential responsibilities and job opportunities.
Leading Teams - Guiding, motivating, and developing the team to achieve successful outcomes and maintain accountability for business objectives.
Driving Results - Setting high goals for personal and team accomplishments, monitoring progress, and working to meet or exceed goals.
Driving Innovation - Creating an environment and culture that inspires and encourages others to generate new ideas and creative solutions with measurable improvement and increased value for customers (internal or external).
Facilitating Change - Encouraging and empowering others to imagine better approaches, create solutions, embrace change and facilitate change to achieve business outcomes.
Strong experience of IT Operations technologies and processes including VMware, Windows, Linux, storage, VSAN, SQL, Oracle, endpoint, network, server, monitoring, backup, patching, DR, ITSM.
Strong background in IT Security, specifically IT Risk, Vulnerability Management and system best practices.
Proven track record in the management of a technical support group and in technical Project Management.
Strong understanding and experience with the delivery of IT Operations Managed Services.
Job Category: IT Leadership
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.