Ryder System Senior Manager Application Development & Support in Hartford, Connecticut
If you are a current employee at Ryder (not a Contractor or temporary employee through a staffing agency), please click here (http://wd5.myworkday.com/ryder/d/task/1422$3.htmld) to log in to Workday to apply using the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a position using the Career worklet, please review this quick reference guide (https://rydersystems.service-now.com/sys_attachment.do?sys_id=a39f83621bd99050632a4223cd4bcb91) .
You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
The Senior Manager of Application Development & Support is responsible for providing technical leadership, directing, and leading technical execution of multiple, concurrent technical solutions (custom built and 3rd party solutions) that meet business needs of internal and external customers following established technology guidelines, standards, and processes.
This position can be fully remote managing a team that works on EST time zone.
• Partner with business leadership to drive innovation of capabilities by understanding business needs and evolving technologies and participate as integral member of IT Technology Delivery Management Team responsible for defining and implementing technology strategies, capital plans and roadmaps
• Provide technical leadership to team of developers to make appropriate technical decisions that will meet business needs and set team priorities based on tactical and strategic objectives, creating focus on main goals while eliminating roadblocks
• Define, implement and promote processes, best practices and standards for application development and deployment including service oriented architecture, reusable code, web usability, look & feel branding and security controls, following Agile Methodologies and Lean Six Sigma.
• Work closely with other departments within the IT organization to understand business demands and identify appropriate opportunities for solutions and continued innovation of technical capabilities aligning with business needs
• Manage budget according to plan by preparing yearly forecast, facilitating capitol request preparation and assessing future resource needs
• Manage all aspects of personnel tasks for team from prioritization of work, career development, and training needs
• Manage all aspects of application development and support. Accountable for application performance/stability, end-to-end transactional flows, root cause analysis and corrective actions for any outages
• Direct a team of developers with skillsets including but not limited to Microsoft Azure, .Net, SQL, Salesforce.com SFDC, Appian, SharePoint, AS400, Mainframe
• Interact with business users at all levels of management to understand business needs
• Perform other duties as assigned
Bachelor's degree or equivalent Required
10 years or more - Technical experience in progressive accomplishments in implementing technology enabled solutions to complex business problems
5 years or more - Experience managing IT teams involved in development, production support and maintenance of software systems
Skills and Abilities
Software Development and Delivery following Agile Methodologies
Application Development, Delivery & Support
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Ryder operates behind the scenes, managing critical fleet, transportation and supply chain functions for over 50,000 customers, many of which make the products that consumers use every day. When you choose Ryder, you get access to industry-leading technology, one of North America’s largest fleet of trucks, an expansive infrastructure of maintenance facilities and warehouses, and some of the most talented people in the industry.