Ryder System Strategic Sourcing Manager - Parts in Austin, Texas
If you are a current employee at Ryder (not a Contractor or temporary employee through a staffing agency), please click here (http://wd5.myworkday.com/ryder/d/task/1422$3.htmld) to log in to Workday to apply using the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a position using the Career worklet, please review this quick reference guide (https://rydersystems.service-now.com/sys_attachment.do?sys_id=a39f83621bd99050632a4223cd4bcb91) .
You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
The job summary section provides a general overview. It is intended to give some idea as to the level of skill, responsibility and purpose found in the job.
The Strategic Sourcing Manager is responsible for strategic management and implementation of a number of enterprise wide strategic procurement initiatives. The procurement strategies for such initiatives will be created and managed by this position to ensure that the implementable savings identified at the sourcing process are realized at the quality and service levels expected. This position is also responsible for leading continuous improvement on a year over year basis for all associated metrics, including performance management of strategic suppliers.
These performance measurements will also be communicated to Sr. Management and the cross functional team in order to ensure company sponsorship. Opportunities for program enhancement and expansion will be actively pursued.
Supplier negotiated KPI's and other performance metrics will be used to monitor and control the performance of the supplier/Ryder relationship. Key position parameters are cost reduction, supplier rationalization, administrative effort reduction and lead time and time to market improvements.
This position will be expected to engage and influence cross functional teams to successfully conclude assigned projects as well as work directly with suppliers and strategic partners to achieve cost savings.
• Vendor Interaction: Establishes competitive costing for required products through a negotiation schedule process. Establishes and/or reviews on a continual basis clear, concise and attainable goals and objectives for products and/or vendors. Creates and maintains mutually beneficial relationships with vendors/suppliers through periodic meetings or business reviews. Evaluate and monitor contracts to be sure vendors/suppliers comply with the terms and conditions of the contract – address unacceptable performance through meetings or bids. Utilizes appropriate and effective purchasing techniques for selection of products and vendors. Supports minority vendors.
• Sourcing Strategy: Follow Ryder’s Strategic 8 step sourcing process and determine the supplier mix to participate in the Request for Proposal events and ensure all the stakeholder requirements are gathered. Develop robust negotiations plans and strategies. Finalize all agreements and negotiate the contractual terms related to the commercial negotiations. Obtain approval of sourcing strategy.
• Procurement Analysis: Conducts the robust spend analysis and total cost of ownership models. Executes where applicable, a Commodity Data Analysis for direct materials categories. Determine User Requirements, understand current Supply Chain Costs, ensures to do process mapping that will enable the evaluation of the implementation complexity and Issues. Develops purchasing plans.
• Communications: Establishes and maintains effective customer and vendor relations and communications. Provides clear and concise written communications to all customers through departmental publications.
• Performance Metrics: Establish KPI’s tracking costs & service levels compared to agreement commitments – address unacceptable performance through meetings or bids
• Perform other duties as assigned
Bachelor's Degree - Supply Chain Management, Engineering, and / or Economics / Business focus
Master's Degree Business focus - Preferred
5 years or more - Sourcing or Procurement / Finance Related
Skills and Abilities
Effective leadership skills
Excellent organizational skills
Ability to create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups, customers, supervisors).
Strong contract negotiator; advance negotiation skills; develops win/win relationships with vendors/suppliers
Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
Flexibility to operate and self-driven to excel in a fast-paced environment
Detailed oriented with excellent follow-up practices
Capable of multi-tasking, highly organized, with excellent time management skills
Strong product background and/or industry knowledge – (parts, or manufacturing)
Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office (word, excel, powerpoint, outlook)
ISM Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) 1 1/2 years *Preferred
Job Category: Procurement
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Requisition ID: R25748
Job Type: Full time
Ryder operates behind the scenes, managing critical fleet, transportation and supply chain functions for over 50,000 customers, many of which make the products that consumers use every day. When you choose Ryder, you get access to industry-leading technology, one of North America’s largest fleet of trucks, an expansive infrastructure of maintenance facilities and warehouses, and some of the most talented people in the industry.