Ryder System Grp Mgr Logistics II DM in Plainfield, Indiana
The Group Logistics Manager II is typically responsible for multiple locations for one large customer or multiple customer accounts with $8M to $11M in operating revenue. This includes the management and improvement of services provided to the customer(s), as well as the development and implementation of customer performance measurements. The incumbent may also assist with business development initiatives.
This position is responsible for leading, guiding, training and directing LMs, SLMs, and/or GLMs, and has profit and loss responsibility for assigned account(s). All work conducted by this position is subject to review by the DCL and Ryder Corporate process owners such as Finance, Human Resources, Safety, etc., as error could result in customer dissatisfaction, loss of inventory, loss of profit, safety or security incident.
Bachelor's degree in in business, logistics, supply chain or a minimum of eight (8) years of relevant work experience
Master's degree in in business, logistics, or supply chain preferred
Seven (7) years or more experience in supply chain, logistics, warehouse or industry related field
Demonstrated experience developing and implementing complete logistics solutions and project management skills
Four (4) years or more of supervisory experience
Three (3) years or more of customer interaction experience
Eight (8) years or more of profit and loss experience
Experience providing customer and senior level management presentations and in leading teams in a LEAN work environment preferred
Excellent problem-solving skills
Excellent oral and written communication skills with demonstrated leadership capabilities
Strong organization, analytical and computer skills
Create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (work groups, peers, customer, etc.)
Create and develop an inclusive and engaged work environment
Effectively manage profit and loss statements
Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of warehouse operations/solutions, distribution, transportation and carrier management at a strategic level preferred
Advanced knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) preferred
Advanced knowledge of OSHA required; DOT and Hazmat knowledge based on the account(s)
• Identify and/or solve operational issues with the account(s) by implementing continuous improvement and LEAN initiatives, to strengthen team unity, goals, productivity and results.
• Manage one or more customer account(s) to meet established metrics and performance expectations. Manage the customer relationship and identify potential opportunities for business growth.
• Ensure financial objectives are met and grow revenue for assigned account(s)
• Supervise, develop and manage performance for assigned employees and maintain a positive employee relations environment at assigned account(s)
• Hire, train, supervise, and coach/mentor direct reports and management team
• Maintain a proactive safety program within the account(s) consistent with company policy in order to provide a safe and secure work environment
• Manage the profit and loss statements for assigned account(s) and implement actions as needed
• Performs other duties as assigned
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Requisition ID 2017-43128
Job Locations US-IN-Plainfield
Posted Date 7/11/2017
Category Logistics/Distribution/Transportation Management
Employment Type Regular - Full Time (4)
Travel Requirements 20-30%
Position Code 9270